The history of the Hotel Rindererhof
Where does the name "Rindererhof" come from?
Saturday January 10, 1948: the following article by Mr Lambert Tipotsch from Finkenberg is publicised in the official journal of the Hintertuxer community:
„Today the Hintertux thermal spa celebrates its centennial jubilee, at which state governor Dr. Ing. Weißgatterer and many other prominent people were present. Existing for a full 85 years the formally modest „Bauernbadl“, now boasting international acclaim, under ownership of the Family Kirchler, is known as the „Rinderer“ by the people of the Ziller Valley. Where the name originates however, is known by but a few. Here a short chronicle.
A significant move was made when, in the year 1862, Johann Kirchler, a farmer's son from Finkenberg, bought and overtook the Platzer property. His father had earned the estate with hard work and frugality, himself the son of a Pustertaler who deserted the bavarian army in 1800 and found refuge with the Großdornauer farmer in Finkenberg (farm and name remain today). The farmer kept him in concealment by sending him to work up at the Rinderalpe high pastures in summer, and winter in Asten. He called himself 'Rinderer'. As Austria reclaimed Tirol, he was able to move again freely and adopt his original name, Kirchler. The Pustertaler was the great grandfather of today's owner.
As the Rindererhof was built in 1978 and opened on October 6, 1979, Mr Josef Kirchler had the idea of reviving the historical name "Rindererhof".
Family Kirchler has been resident in Hintertux for 7 generations. Josef and Rosa Kirchler could establish today's Badhotel Kirchler with much hard work, enthusiasm, commitment and hospitality during the time of a booming economy.
Over the years several gastronomical establishments have opened, we are happy to be one of them in a preferential position.
What has happened up til now...
Rindererhof was built
In October the Rindererhof was officially opened by Family Josef Kirchler.
Opening of the 'Schirmbar'
Renovation of restaurants, sauna, hotel bar and personnel accommodation;
expansion from 80 to 120 beds
Closing of the 'Schirmbar'
Renovation of all double rooms
and 6 single rooms
Partial renovation of restaurants
New construction passenger elevator
Renewal of the upholstery in the large dining room