NEW!! NEW!! ...We are rebuilding...

New Bar

From the winter season 2019/2020
we surprise you with great news:
   > new hotel bar with lobby
   > new buffet area

Our hotel is closed from 26 August to
26 September, 2019!

more
Best price guarantee
close

Book at the best price

Hotel Der Rindererhof in winter

Book directly and enjoy the following advantages:

  • We guarantee direct bookers the best price - no platform is cheaper.
  • Therefore book directly

Hintertuxer Chronicle

The delievery woman called "Boetin von Hintertux"
The legendary "Boetin von Hintertux"

How it all began...

1925

  • July 21: Negotiations result in incorporation of the Tuxer Valley es zur entscheidenden   Verhandlung, die mit der Eingemeindung der Fraktion Hintertux die Einheit des Tuxer Tales herstellen sollte.

1926

  • March 11: Tux grows to today's size of 112 km²
  • Spring water source is retapped and a swimming pool is built. The first guesthouse und bathhouse were built in 1847.
  • 9 houses including Kernhof.

1928

  • Construction of road to Hintertux
  • Hintertux becomes an electorate precinct

Approx. 1930

  • A small outdoor swimming pool and so-called „covered pool“ as precursor of an indoor pool.

1930

  • September 28: Inauguration of the school house

1932

  • June 15: Road to Hintertux is approved
  • The first post depot is set up
  • June 29: Scheduled public transport during the summer months in Hintertux
  • Bau eines Gerätehauses
  • Franz Pichlsberger sen. opens the first ski school

1935

  • Season post office in the summer owing to growing tourism.
  • Mayrhofner born Franz Dengg purchases the „Alpenhof“

1936

  • Building of the Dr.Dollfuß memorial church begins

1937

  • Stage 1 of the Dr.Dollfuß memorial church building project is completed

1939/40

  • Winter: 225 guest beds

1940

  • October: demolition of the Dr. Dollfuß memorial church ordered by Gauleiter Hofer

1947

  • July 14: centennial celebrations of the thermal spa

1949

  • January 2: Establishment of ski lift company
  • Summer: Construction of the first chair lift on wooden frame – near Haus Tirol – cost of a ticket          Schilling 1,-

1951

  • January 19: Disaster winter – lift damaged, 6 stables and new apiary (Pichlsberger). Badhotel dining room and Haus Nenner damaged as well as storage magazine and ehemaliger Totenkasten vernichtet.

1951/52

  • The little „Maria Himmelfahrt“ church is built

1952

  • 221 guest beds

1954

  • Building of Bichlalm t-bar lift (remainded until 1984)
  • A garage is contructed

1957

  • Electrification
  • 43.105 overnight stays

1959

  • October 10: 17 residences and 94 inhabitants

1960

  • A t-bar lift down to the valley is built (Galtaple)

1963

  • 471 guest beds

1964

  • January 24: Franz Dengg, together with Hermann Wechselberger (Hohenhaus), Ludwig Klausner (Hesser), Hermann Tipotsch (Nenner) and ski instructor Franz Pichlsberger from Hintertux, the „Hintertuxer ski lift company limited.
  • The Schraubenfall caves and waterfall are declared protected natural monuments.
  • Council approves contruction of avalanche barriers to protect the thermal spa and presents project plans.

1965

  • Operation of the single chair lift up to the 'Sommerbergalm' begins, opening up the Tuxer-Joch and glacial ski areas.

1967

  • Construction of avalanche diversion dam

1968

  • Tuxbach bridge – negotiations with the TKW
  • July 13: Teacher Hans Baschinger suffers a fatal accident; school closes

1971

  • May 12: 16 residences and 127 inhabitants
  • Building of a full biological sewerage plant

1975

  • The Auenweg road is declared a municipal road.

1976

  • Lift pioneer Franz Dengg receives order of merit from the state of Tirol on request by the Tuxer council.

1981

  • 29 residences and 156 inhabitants

1984

  • Expansion of the „Auenweges“ road
  • Independant, year round post office opens

1987

  • September: Gemäuer water spring is tapped and an elevated tank built – as well as new water pipes

1992

  • In conjunction with the Wildbach avalanche barrier contruction, proposal for a similar project for Schmittenberg is made.

1993

  • A danger zone plan is acknowledged by the council.

1994

  • Council commissions engineer architect Frey to survey space requirement and draw plans for new school house and garages.

1995

  • Schmittenberg avalanche barrier contruction begins
  • Operation begins of artificial snowmaking system
  • 207.034 overnight stays

1996

  • Operation of „Gletscherbus“ cable car begins. As of 1965, 22 lifts and cable cars, and 2 restaurants in Tuxerjoch and glacier ski areas.
  • 23 residences – 215 inhabitants (census 1991), 1.138 guest beds (1995)
  • 70 year celebrations – incorporation

2000

  • Building of the Gletscherbus 3: Tuxer Fernerhaus –Gefrorene Wand (3.250m)
Close

Book at the best price

Hotel Der Rindererhof in winter

Book directly and enjoy the following advantages:

  • We guarantee direct bookers the best price - no platform is cheaper.
  • Therefore book directly
Best price guarantee
close

Book at the best price

Hotel Der Rindererhof in winter

Book directly and enjoy the following advantages:

  • We guarantee direct bookers the best price - no platform is cheaper.
  • Therefore book directly
Book & Enquire Best price guarantee